Pilates is a training system that uses specially designed spring resistance-based equipment (pictured at right) or specialized mat exercises to develop core and full body strength. The first emphasis is on building a strong, supported, yet supple spine. Gradually the entire body is challenged to connect into this strength, and the whole body becomes more integrated and stronger as a result.
- Promotes long, strong muscles
- Heightens coordination and balance
- Sharpens mental focus
- Alleviates poor posture and restores structural integrity through the application of alignment principles
- Restores proper body function and integration of all systems: muscular, skeletal, respiratory, circulatory, nervous
- Reduces and prevents pain and illness
- Heals and rehabilitates through a gentle and methodical approach to the body
- Complements and enhances any sport or activity
Beneficial for Everyone
Read more about specific applications of Pilates training and how it will work for you here.
Call or email kinespirit today and discover how Pilates training can add to your life.
You can also learn more about Pilates at Wikipedia.